A basic requirement to achieve sufficient mechanical strength and optimal cable shield contact is to match components, tools and applied assembly procedures for every specific cable assembly. Unlike comparable crimp technologies the Inotec system provides a finely graduated diameter range (0,5 mm steps) and covers a very wide range of crimp flange, ferrule and crimp die diameters.
As an exclusive customer service Inotec electronics GmbH provides a crimp data definition for every specific cable and all cable manufacturers.Required input data and sample:
- Cable sample (min. 0,5 m)
- Intended use (Inotec hood type)
- Cable data sheet (if available)
Based on this information, the Inotec mechanical laboratory realizes assembly tryout, traction and torque test in order to find out the optimal combination of convenient assembly, reliable cable shield contact and best possible mechanical resistance of the crimped connection.Once the crimp data definition is accomplished, the customer receives a crimp data sheet and a crimped cable sample.The customer’s data sheet contains the following relevant information.
- Documentation of the cable sample provided.
- Definition of the most suitable and reliable assembly procedure (if standard procedure KV0001 cannot be recommended, a corresponding data sheet with detailed processing instructions is provided)
- Definition of the most appropriate components (crimp flange and ferrule)
- Definition of the appropriate crimp die type and size
- Additional recommendations or assembly instructions if required.